Friday, April 17, 2009

Flashback to the 80's

So at school Kirah dressed up 80's style for Flashback day. I thought about what she should wear. You think she looks silly? Well guess what? The joke is on me. This is one of the T-shirt dresses that my mom made me when I was about 8 years old. Yep-this is how she dressed me. All of my clothes were home-made and puff painted. I know sad, huh? I'm scarred-I'm not going to lie. But hey why not give my posterity a taste of what I went through. I crimped her hair and put it in a side ponytail. I love when she giggles when we do these things. When she got home from school I asked her if everyone looked silly and she said no that they looked cute and everyone laughed at her. She did think it was funny. Rob got quite a kick out of Kirah looking like his little crush-Debbie Gibson. He even gave us a performance of Debbie Gibson's Lost In Your Eyes. He's such a crack up. There's never a dull moment at the Ryan house!

6 comments:

Joseph and Kamber said...

Cute photos of Easter. Man, don't your girls give you fits getting all ready for the day before they check out what the Easter bunny brought?

Ali said...

She looks adorable! And for the record we dressed Brin up 80s style and she came home too saying she was the only one and looked silly. At least they had each other for support! Go 80s!

Princess Academy said...

LOL that is awesome, I wish I could see a pic of you in it as well

Joy & Casey said...

I loved Debbie Gibson...does Rob do Tiffany too??? That would be the REAL test! :) She looks so cute. You are such a fun mom. We should all get together and puff paint some matching t shirt dresses for our girls! hahaha Alyssa just had pj day for 6th grade and was the only one who wore her pjs....they don't think it's funny when they are in 6th grade-sense of humor is replaced with emotions! Enjoy her while she's still cute & fun! ;)

Julie said...

Oh my goodness! If I didn't know it was Kirah, I would swear that it was a picture of you when you were a little girl, Tracee!

pam said...

I love the story and picture of Kirah in her 80's outfit. I used to LOVE the side pony-tail thing! I thought I looked so hot! :) I also love the 9-month pics of little Kimbree. Your girls are gorgeous!